Collaborations / Covers

Use this forum to report any inacurate information displayed on the site.

Collaborations / Covers

Postby Gumpo10k » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

The site does not distinguish between performances of a few songs that were done alongside other artists:

Banged and blown through appears to only be listed as With Saul Williams, but several times on the ninja tour it has been played without Saul.

Reptile has been played several times with Peter Murphy, but there are no indications of this.

There are probably a few more of these i didnt notice.
Gumpo10k

Re: Collaborations / Covers

Postby wackyberry » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Yes, the only time it was performed WITH Saul Williams was at the Atlanta, GA date on 5/11/09. The other 3 times were without.
wackyberry

Postby Leviathant » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:55 am

Actually - and I realize this is kind of a big step - associating band members with individual performances would be awesome. It's something I'd planned for in the tour site I dreamed up in my head (and wrote a database schema for)...

That way you can associate performers with performances, and maybe even instruments with performers, if you want to get crazy. This would allow you to easily track one-off collaborations too.
Leviathant

Postby nintourhistory » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:36 pm

This feature is in the works for not only associating the NIN band members with concerts, but also associating guest artists with individual songs performed. I just have to come up with a way to efficiently populate over 800 shows with this information.
nintourhistory
Site Admin

Postby Jezrath » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:11 am

Hi, I was just wondering whether Dead Souls should also be listed as a cover, as it's originally a Joy Division song :). Cheers.
Jezrath

Postby nintourhistory » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:16 am

Good catch, I've fixed Dead Souls to be listed as a cover. Thanks.
nintourhistory
Site Admin

Return to Data Corrections